Established in 1976, GW’s Museum Studies Program ranks among the top museum training programs in the United States. More than 800 program alumni now work in museums, historic sites and houses, federal agencies and related non-profits throughout the world.
The program's reputation for excellence is based on its exceptional faculty, a demanding academic curriculum and a strong internship program. Coming from many different backgrounds, its unique faculty is composed of practicing museum professionals with many years of knowledge and experience in all aspects of museum operations.
The Museum Studies Program offers a friendly environment where students are supported, encouraged, and given individualized attention as they prepare for a rewarding museum career.
- Invigorating classes that balance theory and practice
- The opportunity to study all aspects of museum work today
- Outstanding internships (domestic and international)
- Networking with local and national museum professionals
- Life in a vibrant urban environment in the nation’s capital
Visit the program offices, tour GW’s campus and familiarize yourself with Washington, D.C.’s local museums. Please make appointments to meet with us in advance by emailing email@example.com. Additionally, an open house for admitted students is held every April.